This is something which is pinching me since the time I started staying in a rented house away from my family in Pune, sharing it with other girls. We all have come from decent families, we have our own moral and principles, we are responsible, we are mature enough to know what is right and what is wrong, bla bla. We were part of a society until someone declared that bachelors/bachelorette are not be given flat on rent in society. Reason, the behavior of bachelors is indecent. WTF!
I still stay in Pune in a rented house but our society is not giving flats on rent anymore. The reason is same.
As I said even we come from decent family then why are we treated like criminals?
If any society secretary comes and denies giving flat on rent to me just because I’m single I have these questions for him/her:
1. What is the definition of decency according to you?
2. You claim that people in your society are decent, can you give me the proof?
3. You say the behavior of bachelors is spoiling your kids. What if your kids are already spoiled or what is the proof that after denying flats to bachelors your kids will behave nicely?
4. We too are sons/daughters of someone like you. Do you indirectly blaming our parents for not raising us properly?
5. You object if a girl visits boys place and vice a versa, saying that we must be doing some objectionable thing. Even the married people have extra-marital affairs. What if a guy visits your place when your wife is alone at home? Now we too have reason to object.
6. What if in future your son/daughter travels to other city and is being denied to stay in a good society just because she’s bachelor? Would you accept that she/he is indecent?
We understand your point as we know how some bachelors behave and misuse the freedom. But generalizing it is your mistake. We want to stay in a good society not just because we are earning good and afford to pay the rent but because we too want to stay in good environment, in a good house and in a society which assures our safety.
You always have an option to kick them out if found guilty than not allowing them to stay. And for that matter you too were one of us. If everyone does that then where we are supposed to stay? Think about it before denying any bachelor to stay in your society.